Protect yourself from unexpected hazards in household waste:
- Always wear puncture resistant gloves while working.
- Look at what you are picking up, before grabbing it.
- Do not use your body to compress a trash bag or cardboard box
- Do not pick up Red Bag waste, Sharps Containers, Biohazard labeled containers and/or needles. If you see these items, stop and notify your supervisor.
- Use tools to pickup/cleanup broken glass, knives, razor blades and other sharp objects. Do not handle these objects if they appear to have blood or bodily fluids on them, notify your supervisor
*Blog courtesy of National Waste and Recycling Association. For more information visit https://wasterecycling.org/